Bus Pirate (bare PCB)
The BusPirate v3b is an amazing prototyping tool which allows one to communicate with, and monitor, a number of devices and protocols.
Please note that this is a bare PCB only and requires SMT soldering.
For more information regarding components and assembly, please refer to the Bus Pirate website.
- Asynchronous serial
- PC keyboard
- HD44780 LCD
- 2- and 3-wire libraries with bitwise pin control
- Scriptable binary bitbang, 1-Wire, I2C, SPI, and UART modes.
- 0-5.5volt tolerant pins
- 0-6volt measurement probe
- 1Hz-40MHz frequency measurement
- 1kHz - 4MHz pulse-width modulator, frequency generator
- On-board multi-voltage pull-up resistors
- On-board 3.3volt and 5volt power supplies with software reset
- Macros for common operations
- Bus traffic sniffers (SPI, I2C)
- A bootloader for easy firmware updates
- Transparent USB->serial mode
- 10Hz-1MHz low-speed logic analyzer
- Servo driver
- Can program many AVR microcontrollers
- Supported by AVRdude
- Can emulate the AVR STK500 v2 with alternate ST500 Clone firmware
- Programs FPGAs and CPLDs with alternate XSVF firmware
- Scriptable from Perl, Python, etc.
The Bus Pirate is used through a simple terminal interface, but these applications also support the Bus Pirate as a programming device, etc.
- AVRDude AVR programmer (AVRDude v5.8+, firmware v4 (any) or v5.9+)
- OpenOCD JTAG debugger
- Flashrom bios/flash programmer